Are you passionate about Marketing? Are you driven by an inner force that compels you to grow professionally, give back to your community, and help others to see the value that Marketing brings to an organization?
If so, you may be ready to consider serving on the board of the Houston Chapter of the American Marketing Association. If you want to make a positive impact on professional marketers, and to advance the Houston marketing community as a whole, this is the place for you.
AMA Houston invites current members to participate in open nominations for Chapter board positions. You are welcome to nominate yourself for a role on the Board.
Each board member is elected to fulfill a specific role that supports the mission of AMA Houston as THE Marketing Connection for leading educational information, career-building resources and valuable networking opportunities. The 2015-2016 board positions are each for a two-year term and currently include:
- Director of Board Nominating Committee
- Co-Chair of Marketer of the Year
- Co-Chair of Energy Special Interest Group (SIG)
Board Member Nomination
Please submit your nominations at any time. You many nominate yourself for a role. If you have questions about the specific roles, please contact email@example.com.
Each Board member is elected to serve and represent the entire membership of the AMA Houston to the best of his/her ability, in accordance with the AMA mission and the description of the board position. The Board of Directors meets monthly to report, determine, and vote on Chapter activities. AMA board members are elected by the entire membership and serve staggered two-year terms.
General requirements for all board members:
The following is a list of general expectations and is a baseline—by no means all-inclusive of the responsibilities of board members.
- Attendance at monthly board meetings.
- Monthly board reports (as required) are to be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the monthly board meeting.
- Organize a committee to assist with carrying out the responsibilities of the position.
- Determine a succession plan for your position.
- Attend a minimum of nine chapter events during the two-year term.
Board Member Perks for AMA Houston Elected Board Members
Your time, talent, and dedication to the AMA Houston make our organization thrive. In addition to enhanced networking board members experience, we want to recognize the support you provide by offering the following benefits during your board member term.
- Board Member of the Month to receive a free luncheon certificate.
- Board Member of the Month invited to subsequent CMO Forum dinner.
- Private reception(s) with luncheon, special event speakers, IH representatives, and/or CMO groups as available throughout the year.
- $15 pre-registration or walk-in pricing to all standard SIG events.
- Member pre-registration prices for walk-in board members at monthly luncheons.
- Board drawings and/or gifts ranging from free items to discount coupons for exceptional service, board member birthdays and service anniversaries.
- Sponsored board meeting lunches. Note: You will be notified in advance when we have a lunch sponsor that month, otherwise it is BYOL.
- Board member-only networking happy hours and social events.
- Regularly scheduled meetings with board leadership, outside of monthly board meetings.
- Upscale holiday networking party for December board meeting. Includes invitation for a spouse or guest.
- Personal promotion on the AMA site with photo, company name and link (to personal LinkedIn profile or company website).
- Recognition at luncheons with special badge identification as a board member.