Hines is a global real estate investment, development, and property manager. The firm was founded by Gerald D. Hines in 1957 and now operates in 28 countries. We manage a $92.3B¹ portfolio of high-performing assets across residential, logistics, retail, office, and mixed-use strategies. Our local teams serve 634 properties totaling over 225 million square feet globally. We are committed to a net zero carbon target by 2040 without buying offsets.
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come. If you want to create innovative, impactful social media marketing, then come work with us at Hines, one of the premier commercial real estate companies in the world. We are currently seeking to hire an Assistant Manager, Social Media. In this role, you will add value by advancing our global corporate initiatives in brand awareness (messaging and visual identity), community building for the areas of our properties and firm operations, ESG, carbon reduction, client experience and venture-based investments. You’ll develop rich social experiences through engaging content and creative storytelling to increase interest in our brand globally, and to support our business growth objectives as well as talent recruiting and retention goals. You’ll also hold a front row seat on a team charged with the modernization of our brand and set on delivering a refreshed brand purpose, narrative, and visual identity – of which social media is a crucial channel to advance for the firm. The selected candidate will be part of a growing team of marketers, and you will execute integrated global-to-local campaigns to reach and grow relationships with our target audiences. You will collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to support and amplify the best-in-class projects and talented people at our local and regional levels. This is a great opportunity to join a family-led, privately held industry leader, where our employees are our most valuable assets.
- Ideate, originate, and create high quality, relevant and engaging content aligned with our social media strategy for Hines’ brand, services and projects (B2B and B2C opportunities) and our people
- Serve as the brand integrator for social media traffic between our global and regional channels.
- Proactively curate an ‘always-on’ content calendar, adopting post content to our channel strategies, content pillars, regional/sub-brand amplification and evergreen content to drive increasing social media engagement
- Manage our brand’s online reputation and interact with our communities via social listening (both daily and in crisis communication situations)
- Manage firm’s regional social listening programs, feeding intelligence to geomarketing teams to enact strategic shifts as needed
- Create content and seek distribution channels, tools and training that make it easier for our employees to engage productively as brand ambassadors on social media
- Elevate employee advocacy through content sharing on personal social pages and create and encourage executive campaign sharing
- Merchandise positive and negative results and brand reputation with Sr. Manager, executives, and the department (use data to apply for industry awards that showcase team achievements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications from an accredited institution or similar work experience
- Four or six (4-6) years of social media experience and content creation in a corporate and/or management experience and content creation in a corporate and/or agency environment with B2B companies
- Demonstrated experience managing large social and digital communities of a corporate brand with ease
- Experience working in a fast-paced corporate marketing department as a self-starter and executor
- Ability to manage and execute posts across many channels per day without error and a relentless dedication to excellence in day-to-day channel distribution for LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and emerging social platforms
- Proven corporate brand experience, particularly helpful with luxury brands, interpreting global visual identity brand standards, and in creating visual templates, either independently or in partnership with Creative Services
- Proactive management and communication skills
- Data-driven, analytical professional who proactively monitors all social channels activities to identify trends and high-performing content
- Premium brand or hospitality experience is preferred
- Real Estate / Financial Services experience is a plus
- Able to provide a portfolio of corporate brand work featuring creative visual storytelling and impressive design aesthetic
- Excellent design skills in creation of brand images, videos, motion graphics/animations, infographics et al.
- Strong and practical knowledge of social listening and content scheduling solutions (i.e., Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Later, etc.)
- Expert in using content creation and design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Infogram)
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and campaigns
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization skills
- Knowledge of analytics tools (native and third party) with the ability to create reports and presentations around metrics
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Unwavering commitment to integrity, the firm’s Guiding Principles and our Leadership Principles
- General positive teammate with a go-getter attitude
- Work overtime as business needs deem appropriate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity. No calls or emails from third parties at this time, please.