At Olivia Gibbs, we know that when we focus on serving people, good things happen in the lives of our clients and employees. We just happen to be a law firm and we serve oil and gas companies across the country. From our offices in Houston, Columbus, Lafayette and Oklahoma City, we advise a wide range of clients – from Fortune 500, integrated oil and gas companies to private equity backed startups and mineral rights companies. Our attorneys are licensed in most producing states, including Arkansas, Louisiana, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our firm’s strength comes from a deeply held belief in providing exceptional legal service to our clients. Founded in 2013, our firm is anchored by skilled energy attorneys, former landmen and team members who are board certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. We advise on large and complex title projects, surface use matters, regulatory issues and energy transactions, including due diligence for purchases and sales with short time frames.
We believe that lifelong learning can improve business outcomes, and we take pride in sharing our knowledge with clients and other industry participants. We offer a regular OG Energy Education Series of webinars to help educate Landmen, clients and other industry participants on novel issues the upstream sector is currently facing. Our lawyers also regularly present on oil, gas and mineral law topics for multiple organizations, including the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL) and numerous AAPL regional Chapters, as well as other industry groups nationwide. We also invest heavily in our internal professional development program, Oliva Gibbs University (OGU) and share legal and regulatory updates with clients through customized in-house CLE trainings.
We are currently seeking to hire a Legal Marketing Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting firmwide marketing and communications activities and day-to-day implementation of strategic plans and project objectives. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to work on a diverse range of tasks from collateral material development to competitive and market intelligence projects, to event planning. We are looking for a strong project manager who can take the lead but is also willing to roll up their sleeves and dive into the work. The selected candidate will report to the Head of Marketing and Business Development and receive excellent benefits including healthcare (health, dental, vision and more) and additional insurance options, flex holidays and 401K match program. Quarterly, team-based bonus system (beginning in the first full quarter of employment) A commitment to employee satisfaction and a culture that values our employees lives inside and outside of the office with options for a hybrid work environment and a progressive PTO policy.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to plan, promote, support, and evaluate firm sponsorships and custom-built events, including the OG Energy Education Series programs
- Manage updates to collateral materials and digital channels to consistently reflect the firm’s story and voice while enhancing brand visibility
- Utilize the firm’s CRM platform and other tools to help identify opportunities, complete business development tasks, maintain data, and prepare internal progress reports
- Work with lawyers and marketing colleagues to develop and implement business development plans
- Lead customized marketing pitch and proposal response efforts as needed
- Develop content marketing ideas and reviewing metrics to evaluate and recommend next steps to evolve campaigns and move leads through the sales funnel
- Coordinate external awards program submissions as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (communications, marketing, public relations, or a similar field preferred)
- At least five years of progressively responsible business development/marketing work experience in a professional services organization (law firm preferred) or upstream energy organization
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, and strong editing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, HubSpot or similar CRM software, and other programs and apps, including databases, design programs, knowledge management tools, and social media tools
- Strong organizational, project management, and event planning abilities, including demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, analyze, organize, attend to detail, and follow through
- Ability to lead initiatives, work well with other team members, and gain buy-in from attorneys
- Commitment to excellent client service
Oliva Gibbs LLP is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other factors protected by the laws or regulations in the states where we operate. We are committed to supporting a variety of recruiting initiatives to continue building a diverse and inclusive law firm and legal profession.