Houston Methodist is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. Houston Methodist consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston area. Houston Methodist also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, Houston Methodist employs more than 27,000 employees and is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide high quality patient care.
We are currently seeking to hire a Senior Business Analyst, Digital Marketing Analytics. In this senior-level role, you will own implementation and performance monitoring of digital analytics tools, namely the website performance of HoustonMethodist.org. You will be a key facilitator in creating dashboards and mining various digital data platforms to create actionable insights for website improvements and digital campaign optimizations. In addition, you will put in place various tracking tools, and be part of the selection process of a new enterprise platform. You will also work with the Digital Director and VP of Marketing. The selected candidate will interact and lead digital performance projects with various business partners across the marketing organization.
- Engages and interfaces with stakeholders within and outside the organization. Effectively partners with team members to complete assigned projects.
- Fosters relationships and engages in regular communications within the department, IT and the organization at large in the areas of issue resolution, status updates and their effect on customers. Acts as liaison between the customer and the technical team facilitating requirements gathering sessions, sets expectations and coordinates team members utilizing effective teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Engages customers and elicits requirements using various methods. Negotiates priorities and resolves conflicts between customers, technologists and management.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to meet internal and external customer needs. Responds promptly to internal and external customer requests.
- Mentor and guide team members in achieving standards set by management in order to exceed clients’ expectations. Provides training for team members through formal and informal methods.
- Fosters relationships and engages in regular communications within the department, IT and the organization at large in the areas of issue resolution, status updates and their effect on customers.
- Leads discovery and analysis phase of projects and efforts. Also leads requirements elicitation workshops.
- Represents requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language.
- Creates requirements plans that directly translate into project planning. Identify and document requirement risks along with risk mitigation. Translates functional and non functional user requirements.
- Facilitate the prioritization of requirements into a product maturity roadmap.
- Leads the setting, monitoring, and meeting of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with customers. Develops detailed system test plans, execute system test cases and provide issue tracking and consolidation. Manage a coordinated User Acceptance Test (UAT) effort.
- Utilizes department resources and supplies effectively. Provides costs and resource estimates, work plans and documentation to ensure timely project completion. Manages and prioritizes time effectively to meet established timelines.
- Identifies cost saving or revenue opportunities by engaging in process improvement efforts.
- Stays abreast of emerging technology, process trends and methodologies and seeks out innovative methodologies to provide solutions that improve productivity, workflow, production, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Shares knowledge with team and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Proactively manages own professional development. Completes Individual Development Plan
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline
- Five years of experience supporting IT projects in an IT analyst role or similar function to include three years leading and facilitating IT projects and three years of experience in clinical, business or financial operations
- PMP certification is preferred
- Demonstrated the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Ability to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Able to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Ability to engage customers and technicians for the purpose of extracting discussion, ideas, opinions, and general contribution in individual settings, meetings, or to lead requirements elicitation workshops.
- Able to communicate information effectively to customers, managers, vendors, and technical staff
- Ability to work with a vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information and priorities
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Knowledge of healthcare operations is desired
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a large academic, research, and/or healthcare facility is preferred
- Knowledge of project management tools is preferred
- Demonstrated success in project improvement
- Ability to prioritize effectively and adjust to organizational needs and demands