Hines is a global real estate investment, development, and property manager. The firm was founded by Gerald D. Hines in 1957 and now operates in 28 countries. We manage a $92.3B¹ portfolio of high-performing assets across residential, logistics, retail, office, and mixed-use strategies. Our local teams serve 634 properties totaling over 225 million square feet globally. We are committed to a net zero carbon target by 2040 without buying offsets. When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
We are currently seeking to hire a Specialized Products Consultant. In this role you will be part of the Sales Enablement team supporting the 1031 exchange sales effort. You will report to the Director-Sales Enablement and contribute by making outbound prospecting calls, scheduling meetings, and working with the regional sales territories and operations teams, while providing support for projects managed by Sales Management.
- Make outbound prospecting calls to prospective financial advisors to generate interest in the Hines Real Estate Exchange, Hines’ 1031 exchange program
- Handle incoming phone calls from brokers and shareowners using multiple systems to answer questions regarding product information (e.g., fund objectives, portfolio holdings, yield, and total return information), general account information (e.g., procedures for performing certain transactions, share balances, legal requirements for specific registrations, price information, and account verifications)
- Analyze nature of account problems
- Enter transaction requests for research on calls which cannot be immediately resolved
- Recommend accurate solutions to resolve problems within established time frames (monitor these items daily to insure accurate and timely completion)
- Communicate resolution to caller once research has been completed
- Identify and resolve account issues
- Work closely with Operations department to assist potential investors
- Provide status on pending problems to the customer while maintaining proper communications with the sales team
- Provide support to the sales team on managing projects
- Assist in sales territories scheduling needs
- Keep current on procedural changes, information updates, market updates and newsletter information
- Organize the information to communicate with the customer effectively and efficiently
- Generate outgoing correspondence (such as sample account statements)
- Perform related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Series 7 and 63 are preferred, or must be willing to obtain within 3 months
- One or more years sales experience within the financial services, capital markets, or real estate industry.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Must develop strong product knowledge (1031 exchanges and REITs) and be able to present and articulate to potential investors.
- Maintain current product and industry knowledge.
- Proactive, can-do, problem solver attitude.
- Advanced proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Willingness to quickly learn new software technologies, including CRM systems and content management software; Salesforce and Seismic experiences is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity. No calls or emails from third parties, please.