Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 20 years of consecutive quarterly growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of 10,000+ companies, including 2,100 networks and 3,000+ cloud and IT service providers in 32 countries spanning six continents – and counting!
A leadership role at Equinix means you will drive and collaborate on work that impacts the world. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
We are currently seeking to hire a SVP of Global Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer. In this role, you will be responsible for driving growth for Equinix by developing and executing marketing strategies that align with the company’s overall goals and objectives while keeping up with the latest trends and technologies. You will drive the end-to-end go-to-market demand generation strategy, including – digital awareness and demand, brand awareness, communication, and preference to achieve commercial outcomes. In addition, you will lead Product and Solution Marketing, Product Led Growth (PLG) Marketing, Field and Partner Marketing, Segment Marketing, Content, Brand, Digital, and Corporate Communications. You will also lead a function that drives revenue growth through both marketing-enabled sales (via account expansion and targeting of new segments) and also product-led growth (PLG) targeting technical practitioners via a digital journey resulting in self-service revenue. The selected candidate will actively collaborate with regional stakeholders, business unit leaders, sales and customer care and revenue operations leaders to play a significant role in translating the company’s strategy into revenue.
The targeted pay range for this role depending on US location is $251,000-$438,000. Our pay ranges reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hire pay for the full-time position determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is based on additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. The targeted pay range listed reflects the base pay only and does not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Employees are eligible for bonus, and equity may be offered depending on the role.
- Develop marketing strategy: develop and implement global and customer-led marketing strategies.
- Build a customer-sensing function for the business: drive a discipline to gain, utilize and socialize customer feedback to identify requirements and behaviors across the org that fuels profitable growth.
- Evolve the Equinix brand: develop brand strategy in order to drive awareness and compelling messaging that aligns with current and future needs targeting the evolving persona.
- Drive digital demand generation: leverage digital techniques (including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, ABM and display advertising) to generate leads within new segments and expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
- Lead communications as a service: drive globally coordinated programs utilizing Executive Communications, Industry Analyst Relations, Influencer Relations, Public Relations and Internal Communications. Drives narrative and storytelling on overall company strategy, transformation in a compelling and inspiring way. This includes the messaging of company purpose, crisis communications and company stance on external issues where Equinix needs to have a voice.
- Transformational leadership: constantly assess and adjust relative performance of function vs external emerging best practices ensuring.
- Drive global consistency: develop consistent marketing processes and systems globally.
- Enhance marketing performance: enhance performance orientation by setting and measuring performance targets that are aligned with business outcomes
- Drive automation of analytics and processes: identify and improve processes that can be automated, utilize AI or streamlined to enable scale, competitive advantage, and increase customer experience.
- Define and codify critical processes: identify and define critical processes such as digital demand generation, ABM and product launch to drive best practices and consistency.
- Create close relationships with key stakeholders (regional presidents, country managers, sales leaders, business unit leaders, executive team).
- Drive efficient and at-scale third party relationships: manage external agencies and relationships with marketing services to achieve global outcomes efficiently.
- Motivate employees around shared vision and change story in line with marketing transformation and focus on growth and development of talent.
- Shape a collaborative, transparent, and entrepreneurial culture, in tandem with the corporate leadership team.
- Substantial, demonstrated track record in leading digital/brand/product marketing organizations.
- Proven experience of effectively leading marketing teams globally.
- Experience leading Product Marketing/Partner Marketing.
- Experience marketing and scaling digital services/SaaS/PLG.
- Experience marketing to breadth of customer segments across enterprise and industries including network and mobile providers, Cloud and IT services, content providers, and financial services companies.
- Experience leveraging modern B2B marketing tools such as ABM, hyper-personalization, micro-experimentation and agile processes to drive quantifiable outcomes via multi-stage digital journeys.
- Significant experience in pipeline acceleration, customer expansion and retention.
- Experience targeting user practitioners e.g. developers through the building of technical communities and developer relations activities.
- Experience leveraging digital best practices on user, developer, and key persona engagement, curation, and activation.
- Experience with sustainability marketing/messaging.
- Proven ability to define what markets to pursue and can translate that into specific targeting campaigns for both Marketing and Sales for the company.
- Exceptional ability to influence disparate teams and cultivate deep relationships to drive customer value.
- Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
- Adept at inspiring behavior change and transformation through motivating teams, planning initiatives, designating priorities, and being decisive when faced with ambiguity.
- Laser focus on execution and results – establishing high standards for performance, setting goals and developing plans, following through and holding people accountable.