Since 2008, AMA Houston Has Donated More than $120K to Help More Than 50 Non-Profits With Marketing Efforts
HOUSTON – JUNE 17, 2020 – AMA Houston, the leading educational information, career-building, and networking resource for Houston’s marketing professionals, today announced the recipients of the 2020 “Gives Back” Grants, which totaled $15,400. The Houston-area non-profit organizations receiving AMA Houston Gives Back Grants are:
- God’s Garage – Offers vehicle repair work and donates vehicles to single women, widows, and wives of deployed military.
- Summerhouse Houston – Provides young adults with intellectual disabilities with a place to develop the real-life skills necessary to become thriving, contributing members of their communities.
- Freedom Church Alliance – An army of churches united in purpose, resolved to fight human trafficking.
- Christ Clinic – Extends the healing ministry of God by offering high quality healthcare and healthcare related services to those who are uninsured and underinsured.
- Bridge Year – Connects underserved youth to careers and educational pathways that provide economic stability and independence.
Established in 2008 by the late Penny Todd, AMA Houston past president and marketing visionary, “Gives Back” is AMA Houston’s philanthropic arm. Every year the chapter not only helps local non-profits with their marketing, communications, public relations, fundraising and advertising efforts financially, but also through invaluable mentorships with AMA’s talented membership.
“Awarding the ‘Gives Back’ grants is always a highlight in the AMA year. This year, because of the global pandemic and the challenges so many people are facing right now, it may mean even more,” said 2019-2020 AMA Houston President Erika Waters. “These inspiring non-profits are angels to many in the Houston area. They recognize a need and jump into action. We are grateful to be a small part of their good work by donating to their marketing and communications efforts.”
About AMA Houston
AMA Houston is the leading educational information, career-building, and networking resource for Houston’s marketing professionals and has been serving marketing professionals for more than 60 years. AMA Houston is one of the nation’s largest chapters and a repeat Chapter Excellence Award winner including a Bronze winner in 2019. To learn more about the AMA or to join Houston’s largest marketing professional organization, visit https://www.amahouston.org/
Carrie Ward, PR for AMA Houston, firstname.lastname@example.org, 832-407-5347