Find Direction in Your CareerLearn from a local marketing professional
Applications for the AMA Houston Mentorship Program are due by Sunday, November 6, 2023!
The AMA Houston Mentorship Program brings together new and mid-career marketers seeking mentorship and seasoned marketing experts looking to give back to their industry.
After completion of the program, participants will have started lasting professional relationships, improved AMA networking opportunities and invaluable career development strategies.
All AMA Houston Chapter members are welcome to be a mentor or mentee.
Not a member yet? Become one!
What you can expect
Mentors will gain opportunities to share their career experiences, connect with future leaders in the marketing industry, and collaborate on how to find purpose and grow in your career. Applications to be a mentor are open through Sunday, November 6, 2023.
Mentees will be able to learn from more experienced marketing professionals on how to start or further develop their career journey, identify areas for improvement of business skills and outline a road map to achieve future goals. Applications to be a mentee are open through Sunday, November 6, 2023.
Benefits for All Involved
Mentees will learn from experienced marketing professionals on how to start or further develop their career journey, improve business skills, and outline a road map to achieve future goals.
Mentors will have opportunities to share their career experiences, connect with future leaders in marketing, and collaborate on how to find purpose and grow in their own career.
How It Works
- AMA Houston chapter members interested in the program will complete an interest form. The program is open to recent college graduates and professionals with less than 7 years work experience in some aspect of Marketing.
- AMA Houston chapter mentorship program chair will review applications and invite participants to an in-person matchmaking event.
- Participants will need to meet with their mentor/mentee monthly during the 6-month period, and at the end of the 6-month period complete an evaluation of the program.
- All participants will also be invited to meet during chapter events.
- The number of participants accepted into this year’s program is limited by the smaller number of mentors available or number of mentees who participate. The more members we have who volunteer to be mentors, the more mentees we will be able to match with a mentor. Unmatched applicants will be placed on a wait list.