Information We Collect
We may collect information from you when you visit our website, register for events or programs, or communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
We make use of certain APIs, in order to provide specific features.
These APIs may include the following third-party services: Google Maps (API key), Mailchimp (API key), PayPal (email, Client ID, Client Secret), Eventbrite (API key, auth URL, Client Secret), and Zoom (email, Client ID, Client Secret).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by a website when you visit it. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website’s owners.
Types of Cookies we use
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your device, and you can set up most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site, and some services and functionalities may not work.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide you with the services and information you request, to communicate with you about our events and programs, and to improve the content and functionality of our website. We may also use your information to contact you with information about other events and programs that may be of interest to you.
Sharing Your Information
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, except as required by law or to protect the security and integrity of our website.
Security of Your Information
We take reasonable measures to protect the security of your personal information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Subscription & Agreement By signing up through the American Marketing Association – Houston Chapter (AMA Houston) Marketing Edge website, you agree to receive SMS marketing messages from AMA Houston about AMA Houston events and opportunities.
- Frequency: The frequency of the SMS messages may vary.
- As a text subscriber, you will receive information and reminders about upcoming events and links to register.
- Cost: Message and data rates may apply. Check with your carrier for any fees that may apply.
- Unsubscribe: If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from future SMS marketing messages from AMA Houston, you can reply with any of the following keywords: ‘stop’, ‘cancel’, ‘end’, ‘quit’, or ‘unsubscribe’. Once you send this message, you will no longer receive SMS marketing messages from us.
- Support: For support or information regarding our SMS marketing, please contact the AMA Houston team at (713) 482-1021 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Privacy: AMA Houston respects your privacy and will never share your phone number or SMS data with third parties.
By signing up, you acknowledge and accept these SMS Marketing Terms & Conditions of AMA Houston. Thank you for staying connected!
Effective as of January 23, 2023