At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity, and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants, and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. We are currently seeking to hire a Polymer Market Developer for the US Region. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans for your assigned markets, products and/or applications consistent with business strategies. You will conduct market research, analysis, and develop value propositions to support new markets and applications. In addition, you will engage with relevant industry and market leaders and potential new customers that will ultimately be transitioned to the sales organization. The selected candidate may be a member of one or more teams / networks, for example: Market Segment Teams, Application Development Teams, Pipeline management, etc.
- Develop market plans in line with strategy
- Identify discernable market segments through the analysis of target markets, industry trends, customer needs and competition
- Assess market application fit and customer needs (translate fit into product / service requirements and definition of sales opportunity pipeline)
- Conduct value chain and value in use analyses (maintain a deep understanding of the customer value produced by ExxonMobil, along with internal value and cost economics)
- Lead from the marketing organization to develop and implement new product, technology and/or process gates; including development of business case; alignment of stakeholders; stewardship of internal and external parties
- Coordinate cross functional relationships to develop and implement marketing tactics, tools and training which support relevant markets and products/services
- Develop communication plans targeted to both internal/external stakeholders
- Participate in industry associations, seeking opportunities to influence strategies aligned with those of ExxonMobil
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of Polyolefin marketing, Polyolefin Sales, or Polyolefin Technical experience
- Skilled marketing functional competencies
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change management
- Effective at collaboration and networking internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work beyond area of responsibility
- Strong planning/business acumen/strategic thinking
- Able to translate analysis into actionable insight
- Able to travel
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.