Since 1998, Brookwoods Group has provided staffing, recruiting and program management services for marketing & sales, marketing communications, and change initiatives. Clients are served mostly through long-term on-site contracts, permanent recruiting, or contract-to-permanent assignments. Brookwoods Group is known for carefully matching great professionals to interesting assignments, resulting in a better experience for everyone.
We are currently seeking to hire a Communications Specialist for one of our Houston-based energy clients. In this role, you will be responsible for fostering the organizational culture through internal communication. In close partnership with departmental relationships, you will work to ensure a consistent communication style/voice across multiple regions, offices, and departments. You will create strong employee engagement, ensure internal adherence to Company brand and messaging standards, and generate effective internal communications. In addition to communications, you may also support efforts related to the Company’s philanthropy and ESG reporting. This is a hybrid role, and the compensation is dependent upon experience. The selected candidate will report to the Vice President of Sustainability.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment, specifically urgent communications
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, English, business management or similar fields
- 5+ years of experience in corporate communication
- Experience managing and improving internal communication channels, including company intranet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to provide samples of work
- Experience working with leadership
- Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry is preferred
- Able to pass drug screening if requested
- Legally authorized to work in the US without employer assistance